What type of posts do you like best?

New Blog Address

Friday, November 28, 2008

Why this coupon queen stays home on Black Friday

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,458744,00.html


Black Friday took a grim turn when a New York Wal-Mart employee died after bargain hunters broke down the doors to the store, pushing him to the ground.

The 34-year-old male employee was pronounced dead an hour after shoppers breached the doors to the shopping center in Valley Stream, Long Island, about 5 a.m. Friday and knocked him down, police said.

"He was bum-rushed by 200 people," Jimmy Overby, the man's 43-year-old co-worker, told the New York Daily News. "They took the doors off the hinges. He was trampled and killed in front of me. They took me down too ... I literally had to fight people off my back."

A 28-year-old pregnant woman was also taken in for observation and three other shoppers suffered minor injuries during the incident, police said. The pregnant woman and the unborn baby were reported to be OK, said Sgt. Anthony Repalone, a Nassau County police spokesman.

Wal-Mart Stores Inc. in Bentonville, Ark., closed the store in Valley Stream for several hours after the stampede. It reopened shortly after 1 p.m.

This after the Web casted suicide last week.. people cheered as this man died before their eyes..

I dont know what to make of people anymore.. its just stuff.. thats all it is..

people are what matters.. not stuff..

I am disgusted by materialistic shallow people..

5 comments:

  1. Hi Nicole!! I wondered where you went LOL.. I couldn't get the hang of customizing this site so I left it alone. Yours looks fantastic :)

    Yea the materialistic people are going plum crazy. I've disengaged from materialism completely. I haven't spent money on junk for months. We spend our money on memories now going places and doing things instead of buying things.
    This Christmas the Grandbaby is going to get a few things but the adults are coming with me to Nashville for a night at the Grand Ole Opry.
    You are correct stuff doesn't matter people matter...

    Multiply is being over ran by idiots maybe I'll give Blogger another try :)

    See Ya!!
    Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is why I sometimes feel like I hate holidays. I love them because of the family gatherings and the traditions... but I hate them at the same time because it's all materialistic and me me me. Seriously... getting run over by a mob of greedy, anxious shoppers? Give me a break. America needs a wake-up call...

    Your sister, Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, I'm sticking with a borrowed tradition from Granma: baking cookies and sweets and giving those as gifts. Something homemade and from the heart. Not planning on buying but maybe one or two things, and planning on making this a normal Christmas routine. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sad, I dont like black friday either

    ReplyDelete

Savings Logs

Beginning Jan. 1, 2009
Total Price of Items Purchased:
$11493.86
Total Savings:
$4583.86
Total Spent:
$6911.65
****************
Beginning Jan. 1, 2010
Total Price of Items Purchased:
$1700.04
Total Savings:
$617.23
Total Spent:
$1082.81 * stopped Spring 2010*
****************
Beginning Jan. 1, 2011
Total Price of Items Purchased:
$
Total Savings:
$
Total Spent:
$

Click HERE to see monthly logs

They Call Me Mom