What type of posts do you like best?

New Blog Address

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Assignment #16



Do it yourself project can save you tons of money. But remember, do not try anything that can turn out to cost you more in the end.  But many simple projects can be done by anyone. Minor plumbing repairs, automobile maintenance etc. I have learned how to do minor electrical repairs from working on my grooming equipment.

 I do all the haircuts for my family. Every 4-6 weeks I spend about 2 hours cutting hair. At an estimated $10 a person this save me about $80. 8 times a year =$640

If you are crafty you can make many decorative items for your home, many from recycled products. These can also make great gifts!

Try a DIY project this month and share it with us!

3 comments:

  1. Actually I did 2 things. First, I looked online and found some videos on how to layer your own hair and I cut and layered it myself. Last time I had it done at a salon they charged me $20 and it was awful, not even layered, and the stylist cut 6 inches off the length after I told her 1/2 inch off the length and just layer it.

    Second, I colored my hair myself. Salon price: $65.00 My price: $7.00

    ReplyDelete
  2. My ILs gave me a new trimmer/clipper and I just trimmed the boy's hair. DH is next. And I trimmed Cati's bangs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cut my family's hair too. My husband likes his short, so it ends up a lot sooner than 4-6 weeks. It does save money though. I haven't built up the courage to try my own hair, but will work that in soon.

    ReplyDelete

Savings Logs

Beginning Jan. 1, 2009
Total Price of Items Purchased:
$11493.86
Total Savings:
$4583.86
Total Spent:
$6911.65
****************
Beginning Jan. 1, 2010
Total Price of Items Purchased:
$1700.04
Total Savings:
$617.23
Total Spent:
$1082.81 * stopped Spring 2010*
****************
Beginning Jan. 1, 2011
Total Price of Items Purchased:
$
Total Savings:
$
Total Spent:
$

Click HERE to see monthly logs

They Call Me Mom